Master of Philosophy in Pharmacy
The M.Phil programme is a research-based degree programme, with the ultimate requirement being the submission of a thesis. In addition, students are expected to complete coursework components, as specified by the supervisor(s), with the approval of the Graduate Panel. The coursework components will provide essential research knowledge and skills pertaining to the candidates’ research projects. Regular research seminars will be scheduled throughout the two-year curriculum. Minimum requirements are for each candidate to present two research seminars per year.
Fields of Specialization
The thesis submitted has to contain report of an independent research investigation in one of the following areas of interest that has direct relevance to the science and practice of Pharmacy:
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Pharmaceutics (Physical Pharmacy, Biopharmaceutics / Pharmacokinetics, Pharmaceutical Technology)
- Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Drug Delivery and Targeting
- Pharmacogenetics / Pharmacogenomics
- Pharmacy Practice
- Clinical Pharmacy
Period of Study
Full-time : 2 years (maximum 4 years)
In addition to satisfying the programme requirements and other requirements as prescribed by the School, postgraduate students will be required to submit a research thesis and pass an oral examination in order to graduate.
|Coursework / Guided Studies||4|
Admission Requirements and Application
- Meet the general admission requirements of the Graduate School, including the English Language Proficiency Requirement; and
- Graduated from a recognized university and obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy or related discipline (e.g. biochemistry, chemistry, chemical engineering, pharmacology, etc.), preferably with honours at Second Upper Division or above, or equivalent.
Applicants should complete both Step 1 and 2.
- Step 1
Apply online through the Graduate School Website
- Step 2
Mail the hardcopies of the supporting documents to the School of Pharmacy. Please quote “Application to M.Phil.” and your online application number on the envelope. Supporting documents required for the application are listed on the Graduate School Website.
15 January of each year
|Please feel free to contact us for further enquiry about the programme.|
|School of Pharmacy
8th Floor, Lo Kwee-Seong Integrated Biomedical Sciences Building
Area 39, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong