YOU Hoi-sze, Joyce 姚凱詩
PharmD, BCPS (AQ Infectious Diseases)
Professor, School of Pharmacy
Assistant Dean (Student Development), Faculty of Medicine
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 3943 6830
Fax:(852) 2603 5295
Dr. Joyce You joined the School of Pharmacy in 1999. Previously she had been a clinical pharmacist (general medicine/infectious diseases/ambulatory care) at the Veteran Administration Medical Center (US) and a pharmacy clinical manager at Owen Healthcare (US). She earned her Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree from the University of Illinois at Chicago (US) and completed her Pharmacy Practice Residency at the University of Michigan (US). Dr. You is a certified Specialist by the Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties (US) in Pharmacotherapy with Added Qualification in Infectious Diseases.
Dr. You has initiated cost-effectiveness studies in collaboration with medical researchers from the disciplines of Cardiology, Clinical Pharmacology, Public Health, Gastroenterology & Hepatology, Haematology, Infectious Diseases, Microbiology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology as well as Orthopedics & Traumatology.
Dr. You had leaded a randomised clinical trial comparing outcomes of pharmacist-managed anticoagulation clinic with physician-managed anticoagulation clinic. As a result of this project, the first clinical pharmacist-managed anticoagulation clinic in Hong Kong was established at the Prince of Wales Hospital (PWH) in 2002 and now sustained by the staff of Pharmacy Department at PWH.
The focus of Dr. You’s research is the methodology development of pharmacoeconomics and health outcomes research, especially simulation designs using decision tree and Markov models. She works closely with Infectious Diseases and Microbiology physicians on outcome studies of infections caused by multi-drug resistant bacteria and emerging viruses. Much of her work also involves the study of anticoagulation therapy for Chinese patients, including the optimal control of anticoagulation therapy, the cost-effectiveness of the various models of care for patients receiving warfarin, and the role and cost-effectiveness of pharmacogenetic testing for Chinese patients receiving anticoagulation therapy.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy Programme
- PHAR1440 Clinical Microbiology and Infection Control
- PHAR3413 Pharmacology & Therapeutics II
- PHAR3415 Pharmacology & Therapeutics IV
- PHAR4303 Clinical Pharmacy Clerkship: Infectious Diseases
- PHAR4911 Research Project I
- PHAR4912 Research Project II
- Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing and Quality
- PHAR5130 Overview of Drug Development
- Master of Clinical Pharmacy Programme
- PHAR 5882 Pharmacotherapy: Infectious Diseases
- PHAR5924 Graduation Project II
- Jiang X, Yao J, You JHS. Telemonitoring versus usual care for elderly patients with hospital discharge for heart failure in US: A cost-effectiveness analysis. JMIR Mhealth Uhealth 2020 Jul 6;8(7):e17846. doi: 10.2196/17846.
- Yao J, Jiang X, You JHS. A systematic review on cost-effectiveness analyses of therapeutic drug monitoring for patients with inflammatory bowel disease: From immunosuppressive to anti-TNF therapy. Inflammatory Bowel Diseases 2020 Apr 20. pii: izaa073. doi: 10.1093/ibd/izaa073. [Epub ahead of print]
- You JHS, Jiang X, Lee WH, Chan PKS, Ng SC. Cost‐effectiveness analysis of fecal microbiota transplantation for recurrent Clostridium difficile infection in patients with inflammatory bowel disease. Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology. Early view on 03 February 2020. https://doi.org/10.1111/jgh.15002
- Jiang M, Li P, You JH, Zheng X, Deng J, Zhao M, Feng L, Fang Y. Cost-effectiveness analysis of aspirin for primary prevention of cardiovascular events among patients with type 2 diabetes in China. PLoS One. 2019 Dec 2;14(12):e0224580. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0224580. eCollection 2019.
- Jiang X, Ming MK, You JHS. Potential cost-effectiveness of wearable cardioverter-defibrillator for patients with implantable cardioverter-defibrillator explant in a high-income city of China. Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology 2019;30(11):2387-2396. doi: 10.1111/jce.14153.
- Jiang X, Ming MK, You JHS. The cost-effectiveness of digital health interventions on the management of cardiovascular diseases: A systematic review. Journal of Medical Internet Research 2019 Jun 17;21(6):e13166. doi: 10.2196/13166.
- Xing N, Cheung WY, Jiang M, You JHS. Standing orders program of pneumococcal vaccination for hospitalized elderly patients in Hong Kong: A cost-effectiveness analysis. American Journal of Infection Control 2019 Jun 29. pii: S0196-6553(19)30522-X. doi: 10.1016/j.ajic.2019.05.003.
- Mak DPA, Chung CHV, Suet Ying Y, Tse YK, Wong YSS, Ju Y, Hung SS, Leung KC, You JHS, Lui R, Wong SH, Leung NWO, Lam CWL, Lee S, Wu CJ. Electroacupuncture Is Not Effective For Comorbid Generalized Anxiety Disorder & Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology. 2019 Mar 19. doi: 10.1111/jgh.14667.
- Fung KP, Chan KH, Ng V, Tsui PT, You JHS. Health economic analysis of rivaroxaban and warfarin for venous thromboembolism management in Chinese patients. Cardiovascular Drugs and Therapy. 2019 Mar 19. 10.1007/s10557-019-06872-2
- Advisory Group on Antibiotic Stewardship Programme in Primary Care, Chan AMW, Au WWY, Chao DVK, Choi K, Choi KW, Choi SMY, Chow Y, Fan CYM, Ho PL, Hui EMT, Kwong KH, Kwong BYS, Lam TP, Lam ETK, Lau KW, Lui L, Ng KHL, Wong MCS, Wong TY, Yeung CF, You JHS, Yung RWH. Antibiotic management of acute pharyngitis in primary care. Hong Kong Medical Journal. 2019 Feb;25(1):58-63. doi: 10.12809/hkmj187544.
- Teacher of the Year Award 2005/06, School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine, CUHK
- Teacher of the Year Award 2010/11, School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine, CUHK