SUN Wai Yan, Kiwi 孫慧欣
B.Pharm., B.Biotech. B.HSc (Hons.), Ph.D
School of Pharmacy
Faculty of Medicine
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 3943 5764
Fax:(852) 2603 5295
Dr. Kiwi Sun completed her Bachelor of Pharmacy at the University of South Australia, Bachelor of Biotechnology (Hons) and Ph.D in Medicine at the University of Adelaide, Australia. She received clinical training at the Royal Adelaide Hospital in Australia where she developed a particular interest in nephrology, cardiology and endocrinology. Kiwi also worked in community pharmacies in South Australia prior to her return to Hong Kong in 2015. She was a research postdoctoral fellow at the University of Hong Kong prior to joining CUHK in 2019.
Dr Sun’s areas of interest include clinical pharmacist services in diabetes mellitus, cardiovascular disease, chronic kidney disease and renal transplant.
Bachelor of Pharmacy Programme
- PHAR3413 Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- PHAR2313 Principles of Pharmaceutical Dispensing
- PHAR3812 Clinical Assessment and Monitoring
- PHAR2330 Contemporary Pharmacy Practice
Master of Clinical Pharmacy Programme
- PHAR5820 Clinical Pharmacy Service Development
- PHAR5880 Drug Therapy Assessment and Drug Information
- Elie AGIM, Bloksgaard M, Sun WY, Yang K, Man AWC, Xu A, Irmukhamedov A, Riber LP, Wang Y, De Mey JGR. Local enrichment of fatty acid-binding protein 4 in the pericardial cavity of cardiovascular disease patients. PLoS One 2018;13(11):e0206802.
- Sun WY, Bai B, Luo C, Yang K, Li D, Wu D, Félétou M, Villeneuve N, Zhou Y, Yang J, Xu A, Vanhoutte PM, Wang Y. Lipocalin-2 derived from adipose tissue mediates aldosterone-induced renal injury. JCI Insight 2018;3(17). pii: 120196.
- Sun WY, Heddle R, Pitson SM, Grimbaldeston M and Bonder CS. Topical Application of Fingolimod Perturbs Cutaneous Inflammation. J Immunol 2016;196(9):3854-64.
- Penko D, Rojas Canales D, Mohanasundaram D, Peiris HS, Sun WY, Drogemuller CJ, Keating DJ, Coates PT, Bonder CS, Jessup CF, Endothelial progenitor cells enhance islet engraftment, influence beta cell function and modulate islet connexin 36 expression. Cell Transplant 2015;24(1):37-48.
- Dimasi D, Sun WY, Bonder CS. Neutrophil interactions with the vascular endothelium. Int Immunopharmacol 2013;17(4):1167-75.
- Sun WY, Bonder CS. Sphingolipids: a potential molecular approach to treat allergic inflammation. J Allergy 2012;2012:154174.
- Sun WY, Abeynaike L, Escarbe S, Smith C, Pitson SM, Hickey M, Bonder CS. Rapid histamine-induced neutrophil recruitment is sphingosine kinase-1 dependent. Am J. Pathol 2012;180(4):1740-50
- Sun WY, Pitson SM, Bonder CS. Tumour necrosis factor-induced neutrophil adhesion occurs via sphingosine kinase-1-dependent activation of endothelial α5β1 integrin. Am J Pathol 2010;177(1):436-46.
Membership in Professional Association
- Member of Pharmaceutical Society of Australia
- Member of Golden Key International Honor Society
- Dean’s Commendation for Doctoral Thesis Excellence (2015)
- Best Student Publication, The Centre for Cancer Biology, Australia (2013)
- Best Poster Award, Australian Health and Medical Research Congress, Australia (2012)