LEE, Wing-yan, Vivian 李詠恩
BSc, PharmD, BCPS (Added Qualification in Cardiology)
Dr. Vivian Lee is currently Associate Professor of the School of Pharmacy and the Assistant Dean (Student Affairs) of the Faculty of Medicine, Chinese University of Hong Kong. She joined the School of Pharmacy since 2000. Before her current appointment, she had worked as a hospital clinical pharmacist at an acute-care hospital, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, in Los Angeles. Dr. Lee received her bachelor of sciences degree in Biochemistry at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) and her doctor of pharmacy degree in the School of Pharmacy, University of Southern California (USC). After completion of her pharmacy training, she had pursued post-doctoral training in Pharmacy Practice residency for one year at the Huntington Memorial Hospital in Pasadena, USA. Her specialty is in clinical pharmacy in particular to cardiovascular medicine. Dr. Lee is a certified Specialist by the Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties (US) in Pharmacotherapy and added qualification in cardiology pharmacotherapy.
Dr. Lee is dedicated for the clinical pharmacy development. She started the first clinical pharmacy clerkship program in the undergraduate program as well as the overseas student exchange in clinical pharmacy with USC. In addition, she tries to expand the roles of pharmacist through various innovative ways including the launch of the first interactive online drug information platform in Hong Kong-Ask My Pharmacist Online University Led drug Enquiry Platform (AMPOULE), the Paediatric Health: easy Access Resources on Medicines (PHARM) and the community pharmacy outreach program to cope with the demands of pharmaceutical care to improve medication adherence and chronic disease management in elderly patients of Hong Kong.
Dr. Lee's research interest is in clinical pharmacy outcomes research in particular to chronic disease management utilizing the skills of clinical pharmacy, pharmacoeconomics, pharmacogenomics and innovative technology to improve patient care.
- Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- Pharmacy Clerkship & Project
- Master of Clinical Pharmacy programme
Master Teacher Award 2011/12, Faculty of Medicine, CUHK
Teacher of the Year Award 2011/12, School of Pharmacy, CUHK
Vice Chancellor’s Exemplary Award 2010, Chinese University of Hong Kong
Teacher of the Year Award 2010/2011, School of Pharmacy, CUHK
Teacher of the Year Award 2009/2010, School of Pharmacy, CUHK
Teacher of the Year Award 2008/2009, School of Pharmacy, CUHK
Teacher of the Year Award 2006/2007, School of Pharmacy, CUHK
Best and Highest Graded Presentation Award “Cost-Effectiveness Of Left Atrial Appendage Occlusion Device Compared With Five Alternative Anticoagulation Strategies For Stroke Prevention In Atrial Fibrillation: A Markov Decision Analysis” by VWY Lee et al at the Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics 2012
Best Poster Presentation Award “A Pilot Study on Seminar and Web-based Platform to Improve Safe Use of Medications and Health Products in Children” by VWY Lee et al at the 23rd Hong Kong Pharmacy Conference, Hong Kong, February 2011
Best Contributed Podium Presentation Awards for "Statin Utilization in primary prevention in patients with Diabetes Mellitus in Hong Kong" at the ISPOR Second Asia-Pacific Conference, Shanghai, China, Mar 2006.
Best New Investigator Poster Presentation Award for the paper "Evaluation of the use of Proton Pump Inhibitors in a public local hospital in Hong Kong" by VWY Lee et al at the International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research 5th European Congress, Rotterdam, Nov 2002.
- Lee VWY, Lam YY, Cheung SY, Yuen ACM, Yan BPY. Direct Medical Cost of Newly Diagnosed Stable Angina in Hong Kong. Heart Asia 2013;00:1-6. Doi:10.1136/heartasia-2012-010168.
- Lee VWY, Pang PTY, Kong KWY, Chan PKH, Kwok FLM. Impact of Ongoing Pharmacy Outreach Services on Blood Pressure Management in the Elderly Community in Hong Kong. Geriatrics & Gerontology International 2013; 13: 175-81.
- Lee VWY, Tam JCS, Yan BPY, Yu CM, Lam YY. The Barriers of Warfarin Use for Atrial Fibrillation Patients in Hong Kong. Clinical Cardiology 2012; Article first published online: 14 November 2012 | DOI:10.1002/clc.22077
- Lee VWY, Hu M, Tomlinson B. Integrating Pharmacogenetic for Assessment of Herb-Drug Interactions: Has the Time Come? (Invited Editorial) Current Pharmacogenomics and Personalized Medicine 2012; 10: 247-53.
- Lee VWY, Chan BMC, Cheung KTK, So RKH, Yu CM. Impact of pharmacist counselling service on BP control of borderline hypertensive patients. Hong Kong Pharmaceutical Journal 2012; 19(1):12-5.
- Ho J, Chang A, Chan GMC, Yan BPY, Yu CM, Lam YY, Lee VWY. Impact of Dabigatran on Quality of Life and Drug-compliance compared with Warfarin for Stroke Prevention in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation: Experience in Hong Kong. Clinical Cardiology 2012; 35(12):e40-45.
- Chan JCW, Siu SC, Wong CKW, Lee VWY. A Pharmacist Care Programme: Positive Impact on Cardiac Risk in patients with Type 2 Diabetes. Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology and Therapeutics 2012; 17(1): 57-64.
- Lee KKC, Chow DPY, Wu DBC, Lee VWY, Li H. Economic Analysis between Entecavir and Lamivudine for the Treatment of Chronic Hepatitis B in Hong Kong. Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology 2012; 27:1167-74.
- Wang YX, Griffith J, Deng M, Li TK, Tam LS, Lee VWY, Lee KKC, Li EKM. Vertebral body corner oedema versus gadolinium enhancement as biomarkers of active spinal inflammation in ankylosing spondylitis. British Journal of Radiology 2012; 85:e702-8.
- NM Luk, LS Chiu, TS Chau, KC Lee, VWY Lee, M Chang, YK Lam. Efficacy and safety of Diphenylcyclopropenonne (DPCP) among Chinese patients with steroid resistant and extensive Alopecia Areata (AA). Journal of European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology 2012; Article first published online: 12 October 2012 | DOI: 10.1111/jdv.12009