Centre for Pharmacoeconomics Research (CPER) was established to meet the increased interest in pharmacoeconomics from a national and an international perspective.
To be a centre of excellence in pharmacoeconomic research in Southeast Asia.
- To advise and collaborate with health care professionals, health care institutions, and government agencies in pharmacoeconomic research and programmes
- To assist in education of students and professional
- To undertake interdisciplinary studies in pharmacoeconomics
- To obtain grant support for pharmacoeconomic research and programme
- Clinical Epidemiology
- Health Economics
- Social Science
1. You JHS, Chan ESK, Leung MYK, Ip M, Lee NLS. A cost-effectiveness analysis of “test” versus “treat” patients hospitalized with suspected influenza in Hong Kong. PLoS ONE 2012 (accepted for publication on 4 Feb 2012).
2. You JHS. Pharmacoeconomic evaluation of warfarin pharmacogenomics. Expert Opinion on Pharmacotherapy 2011;12:435-41.
3. You JHS, Tsui KKN, Wong RSM, Cheng G. Potential clinical and economic outcomes of CYP2C9 and VKORC1 genotype-guided dosing in patients initiating warfarin therapy. Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics 2009;86:540-7.
4. You JHS, Wong WCW, Ip M, Lee NLC, Ho SC. Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of influenza and pneumococcal vaccination for Hong Kong elderly in long-term care facilities. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health 2009;63:906-11.
5. You JHS, Sahota DS, Yuen PM. Uterine artery embolization, hysterectomy or myomectomy for symptomatic uterine fibroids – A cost-utility analysis. Fertility & Sterility 2009;91:580-8.
6. You JHS, Chan FWH. Pharmacoeconomics of Entecavir Treatment for Chronic Hepatitis B. Expert Opinion on Pharmacotherapy 2008;9:2673-81.
7. You JHS, Ho SC, Sham A. Economic burden of informal caregivers for Chinese Elderly in Hong Kong. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 2008;56:1577-8.
8. You JHS, Yau B, Choi KC, Chau CTS, Huang QR, Lee SS. Public knowledge, attitudes and behaviour on antibiotic use – A telephone survey in Hong Kong. Infection 2008;36:153-7.
9. You JHS, Kei HW, Lau WC, Wong KY, Marasinghe T, Lee N, Ip M. Are beta-lactams related to higher morbidity and mortality in urinary tract infections caused by extended-spectrum b-lactamases-producing Escherichia coli? Journal of Hospital Infection 2008;68:181-3.
10. Mak CF, Choi DKM, Wong RSM, You JHS. Clinical and economic analyses of antimicrobial therapy in fever wards of a Hong Kong teaching hospital. International Journal of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics 2007;45:654-658.
11. You JHS, Lee GCH, So RKH, Cheung KW, Hui M. Linezolid versus vancomycin for prosthetic joint infections - A cost analysis. Infection 2007;35:265-70.
12. Law WL, Hui HY, Young WM, You JHS. Atypical antipsychotic therapy for treatment of schizophrenia in Hong Kong Chinese patients - A cost analysis. International Journal of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics 2007;45:264-70.
13. You JHS, Sahota DS, Yuen PM. A cost-utility analysis of hysterectomy, endometrial resection and ablation, and medical therapy for menorrhagia. Human Reproduction 2006; 21:1878-83.
14. You JHS, Wong WCW, Sin CW, Woo J. The cost-effectiveness of an outreach clinical model in the management and prevention of gonorrhea and chlamydia among Chinese female sex workers in Hong Kong. Sexually Transmitted Diseases 2006;33:220-7.
15. Cheng CWR, Chan JCN, Tomlinson B, Woo KS, You JHS. Factors associated with healthcare utilization costs for statin therapy - A pilot study in Hong Kong. International Journal of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics 2006;44:484-8.
16. You JHS, Wong PL, Wu JCY. Cost-effectiveness of Helicobacter pylori "test and treat" for patients with typical reflux symptoms in a population with a high prevalence of H. pylori infection: A Markov model analysis. Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology 2006;41:21-9.
17. You JHS, Chung TKH. Expectant, medical or surgical treatment for spontaneous abortion in first trimester of pregnancy - A cost analysis. Human Reproduction 2005;20:2873-8.
18. You JHS, Chan FWH, Wong RSM, Cheng G. The potential clinical and economic outcomes of pharmacogenetics-oriented management of warfarin therapy - A decision analysis. Thrombosis and Haemostasis 2004;92:590-7.
19. You JHS, Chan FWH, Wong RSM, Cheng G. Cost-effectiveness of two models of management for patients on chronic warfarin therapy - A Markov model analysis. Thrombosis and Haemostasis 2003;90:1106-11.
20. You JHS, Lee ACM, Wong SCY, Chan FKL. Low-dose or standard-dose proton pump inhibitors for maintenance therapy of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease: a cost-effectiveness analysis. Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics 2003;17:785-92.