EWIG, Celeste Lom Ying 余南瑛
Pharm.D, BCPS, BCPPS
Experiential Learning &
International Exchange Program Coordinator
School of Pharmacy
Faculty of Medicine
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 3943 1156
Fax:(852) 2603 5295
Dr. Celeste Ewig is a Lecturer within the School of Pharmacy where she teaches clinical pharmacy practice with an emphasis on pediatric pharmacy. Her current responsibilities also includes overseeing the Experiential Learning and International Exchange Program for CUHK pharmacy students as well as serving as a preceptor for international pharmacy students coming to Hong Kong.
Dr. Ewig received her Doctor of Pharmacy degree (PharmD) from the University of the Pacific School of Pharmacy (USA) and holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Biochemistry from the University of California Santa Barbara (USA). She completed an Advanced Pediatric Pharmacotherapy and Pediatric Critical Care Training at The Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles (CHLA) in Los Angeles, California.
Dr. Ewig is a registered pharmacists in both the USA (California) and Hong Kong. She is a board certified Pediatric Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPPS) and a board certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPS) by the Board of Pharmacy Specialties (USA). She is a member of the Pediatric Pharmacy Advocacy Group (PPAG) and is also a member of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP). Her passion lies in teaching and in improving drug use among pediatric patients.
- Registered Pharmacist (California, USA)
- Registered Pharmacist (Hong Kong)
- Board Certified Pediatric Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPPS)
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPS)
Dr. Ewig’s research interests include medication use among pediatric patients, developmental pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamics differences, as well as personalized medicine among pediatric patients. She supervises projects related to pediatric drug utilization and clinical outcomes.
Bachelor of Pharmacy Programme
- PHAR2313 Principles of Pharmaceutical Dispensing
- PHAR2330 Contemporary Pharmacy Practice
- PHAR3603 International Pharmacy Practice
- PHAR3812 Clinical Assessment and Monitoring
- PHAR4307 Clinical Pharmacy Clerkship: Paediatrics
Master of Clinical Pharmacy Programme
- PHAR 5880 Drug Therapy Assessment and Drug Information
- Special Populations: Pediatrics
Teaching Grants (Principal Investigator)
- Courseware Development Grant (2018-2019)
Project Title: What goes on inside a hospital clean room? A closer look at parenteral products and how they are made
- Micro-module Courseware Development Grant (2017-2018)
Project Title: Micro-modules for Integrated Learning: Utilizing a Virtual Pharmacy Platform to Build Students’ Knowledge Base.
- Micro-module Courseware Development Grant (2016-2017)
Project Title: Micro-modules for Pharmaceutical Dispensing: A Bi-lingual Micro-Dose Delivery of Concepts involved in Dispensing Medications
- Ewig, CLY, Tang KM, Leung TF, You, JHS. Influenza Vaccine Coverage and Predictive Factors Associated with Influenza Vaccine Uptake among Pediatric Patients. American Journal of Infection Control (accepted for publication 19 April 2018)
- Ewig, CLY, Cheung, HM, Kam, KH, Wong, HL, Knoderer, C. Occurrence of Potential Adverse Drug Events from Prescribing Errors in a Pediatric Intensive and High Dependency Unit in Hong Kong: An Observational Study. Pediatr Drugs. DOI 10.1007/s40272-017-02222-8
|Chairman||Pharmacy Central Continuing Education Committee|
|Honorary Pharmacist||Hospital Authority New Territories East Cluster (NTEC)|
|Member||Joint CUHK-NTEC Clinical Research Ethics Committee|
- Best Poster Presentation Award (Hong Kong Pharmacy Conference 2016)
Kam K. H., Wong H. L., Ewig C. L.Y. Retrospective Review of the Impact of Clinical Pharmacist Intervention on Enhancing Patient Care in Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU).